DownaYaad.Com
Welcome
Login / Register

News


  • Chozenn's 'Bawl Out' banned by LOVE FM

    Chozenn in a screenshot of a video for his controversial 'Bawl Out' (Jesus Name) song.


    Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to LinkedInShare to WhatsAppShare to MessengerShare to EmailShare to TelegramShare to More957
    Chozenn's 'Bawl Out' remake of the raunchy Dovey Magnum song on a dancehall rhythm has been banned by LOVE FM.

    "The song had been playing on LOVE FM at first, but the board has since issued a directive that the song should not be played on the station again, however Chozenn's other songs are still playing," Nadine Blair, programmes supervisor of LOVE FM told Loop Jamaica reporter Claude Mills.

    LOVE FM is owned and operated by the National Religious Media Commission. After 20 years of existence, Love 101 now ranks fourth among more than 20 stations locally, according to the most recent edition of the All Media Survey conducted and published by Marketing Research Services Limited.

    Blair said that there seems to be a split in public opinion on whether the song can actually bring souls to the Kingdom of Christ. This split was revealed during the broadcast of a LOVE FM programme called 'Campus Connection'.

     

    Read more »
  • Mr Vegas deserved the boot’: Church defends decision to eject artiste

    Screenshot of a video showing entertainer Mr Vegas (third right) being accosted by security guards while Pastor Gino Jennings (left), who issued the instructions to the officers, looks on.

    Minister Stephen Baker of the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ has defended the decision to eject Mr Vegas from the church's mid-year convocation on Sunday at the YMCA of Kingston on Hope Road.

    "The Apostle Gino Jennings was making great points based on scripture, but Mr Vegas was merely speaking his opinion, with no scripture to support his argument. When he was asked to quote a scripture, he wasn't answering, he started acting defiant and standing up and talking, he did not act like he was in debate," Minister Baker told Loop Jamaica reporter Claude Mills.

    "When the Apostle realised that Mr Vegas had no reasonable arguments, he said 'look, it's best we end it here' and that was based on how Mr Vegas was acting. Vegas decided he wasn't sitting down. He wasn't kicked out originally, he could have sat down and listened, instead, he decided he was going to stand up and act (up) and it was then that his mic was turned off," Baker continued.

    Eventually, security personnel were summoned to usher Mr Vegas outside.

    "We tried to escort him out nicely; a security team was asked to usher him out and he started to say 'don't touch me' and said 'you have to get the police to get me out'. It was then that the security team coupled with policemen in the church; they are the ones who got him out. He was grabbed by the arms based on how he was behaving, it was done as decent as it could have been done," Minister Baker said.

    Mr Vegas has since claimed that his shoulder was dislocated but he did not want to sue.

    "In fact, it was Mr Vegas who assaulted a couple of church members, and he pushed at least one of them numerous times; his behaviour was unseemly, and disruptive. He didn't come prepared, that's why the pastor had to end it. He had no strong arguments," Baker concluded.

    The crux of the debate centred around controversial statements made by Pastor Gino Jennings.

    In the controversial speech in a video making rounds on social media, Jennings stated: "You so called Christian looking hoes, jumping in some church, flopping your ankle chains around. On the choir, breasts hanging out, lips all red, nails painted red, purple, blue, green, long like bird claws, all this fake hair, breasts implant, toe nails painted with little fake diamonds in it, your toes ain't richer. You're nothing but a prostitute."

    Members of the congregation cheered.

    He continued: "You're nothing but a singing hoe, a shouting hoe, an organ playing hoe, a choir director hoe. Preacher, if what I just said describes your wife, you are married to a hoe! A man that's a real man don't want his wife out in the street looking like a prostitute and you're a holy woman, or claim you are a Christian. Christian with skin tight pants showing the very shape of your birth canal."

    Minister Baker attempted to clarify the statements.

    "What we believe is the scripture, women must dress in simple apparel as quoted in 1 Timothy chapter 2, verse 9: Women “should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and fold or pearls or costly attire, but what is proper for women who profess godliness – with good works”," he said.

    In an earlier interview, Mr Vegas claimed that he was escorted out when he attempted to have that video played for the church.

    Minister Baker explained that Mr Vegas was not allowed to play the video because the artiste was using it as a diversionary tactic.

    "Pastor didn't allow him to play it because it is a tactic to divert, he had no scripture to support his argument. When Pastor Jennings preached that message, he did not say that women are whores, he was addressing the whole apparel which he described, is the look of a whore: the ankle chain, lipstick, breasts hanging out. He wasn't broad-brushing women, but one must understand that especially in the church today, fake hair, lipstick, false hair, and overly sexy clothes are making women look like whores," Minister Baker said.

    Minister Stephen Baker is the head of the region three of the First Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ which has been established in Jamaica since the year 2000. Region three consists of  churches located in Portmore, St Mary and Kingston. There are presently 12 branches across Jamaica

    "We stand firm on what we believe and we totally support our pastor and the teachings," Minister Baker said.

     

    Read more »
  • Jennifer Messado Slapped With New Fraud Charges

    Top real estate attorney Jennifer Messado is facing new fraud-related charges.

    The Counter Terrorism and Organised Crime division (C-TOC) says Messado, 67, was arrested and charged yesterday with forgery, uttering forged documents and attempting to obtain money by means of forged documents.

    She was granted bail in the sum of $100,000 and is to appear in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court on June 1.

    According to C-TOC, Messado’s latest arrest comes one month after she allegedly visited a prominent financial institution in the Corporate Area and tendered a signed letter to the manager with the signatures of two persons.

    C-TOC, in a statement yesterday, said the letter “had certain instructions allowing her to conduct business on behalf of the (2) complainants.”

    However, C-TOC says checks were made and it was discovered that neither persons gave the prominent attorney permission to conduct business on their behalf.

    Messado was arrested earlier this month and charged with forgery, uttering forged documents, conspiracy to defraud, money laundering and causing money to be paid out by forged document.

    She was arrested along with real estate broker Beverly Barakat, in connection with the “sale” of a property valued at $232 million.

    Barakat has been charged with conspiracy to defraud, forgery and operating a real estate brokerage firm without a licence.

    Investigators alleged that on December 20 last year, Messado prepared a sales agreement for two parcels of land without the knowledge and consent of the owner. 

    It’s alleged that she collected US$270,000 as down payment from the prospective purchaser.

     

    Read more »
  • FORCED TO CARRY 26 BODIES ... Tivoli resident says he can't eat meat after ordeal

    Tivoli Garden resident Ricardo Richards said he was beaten by members of the security forces to carry the bodies of 26 humans and 11 dead dogs during the May 23, 2010 security operations.

    Richards, now 34, told The STAR yesterday that while some people may chose not to remember the events of eight years ago, the painful memories are etched in his mind.

    "Mi go through it. Mi nuh lose mi life cause me still deh yah, but mi lose nuff. Me did gone crazy, gone gone gone. One time yuh couldn't catch me yah suh," he said.

    The security operations, which were undertaken to capture the fugitive, Christopher "Dudus" Coke, resulted in the death of 69 civilians and a soldier. Hundreds of persons were detained and properties damaged and destroyed.

    Richards, who until now, has been silent, said he lost his babymother and several friends during the ordeal. He also said that he was forced to remove bodies that were in the community.

    "To be frank with you, me alone tek up 26 dead body and 11 dead dogs," he said.

    "Dem have yuh up and down, dem know say shot still a fire a me dem tek push round deh suh fi go out deh, nuh matter what type of dead body mi afi tek it up. Mi affi a tek up body from up the road a come down," Richards told THE STAR.

    "A nuh like say me just see dem and a tek dem up, mi get wul heap of beating, wul heap. Nuff beating from police and soldier. When mi say lick mi can tell yuh bout lick. Mi never have no choice at all. Mi a big baller and mi think that woulda help mi when mi show dem certain things, but no. After that dem lock mi down for how much months, none of my family couldn't find me."

    He told THE STAR that when he finally got released he was scared.

    GIVEUPONLIFE
    "When mi come a road mi fraid of mi own shadow. If me hear a vehicle a come mi just go hide out. A serious thing, a nuh joke. A nuh everybody in yah bad, this a ghetto, things can gwan and yuh nuh know bout it and dem a beat yuh fi talk all things yuh nuh know," Richards said.

    According to Richards, the situation has affected even his relationship with relatives who are members of the security forces.

    "Mi have a lot of police family, soldier family and not even dem mi nuh see dem and reason wid. When mi see dem mi just try wul mi calm. It never pretty, one of the time me give up on life, a just the mercy of God."

    Richards told The STAR that the ordeal of having to carry the bodies led to him deciding he could no longer eat meat.

    "If me see the meat and it look certain way me vomit," he said.

    Still haunted by the memories of eight years ago, Richards said he would never want to experience a security operation like that again.

    "If me have an idea say something like that a gwan again, mi gone far a some countryside cause dem nah go catch me again. Next time mi nuh must live fi can tell the tale. Maybe mi nuh must get wul pan fi get beating, maybe a shot mi get. A soldier ever point a gun pan yuh yet and say yuh must say yuh final prayer? A dat me go tru," he said.

     

    Read more »
  • Six-month-old among three shot off Maxfied Avenue

    A six-month-old was among three people shot and injured by gunmen along Ramsay Road, off Maxfield Avenue in St Andrew, on Tuesday.

    Reports are that about 8:30 am, men travelling in a motor vehicle went to the community and opened fire at a group of people.

    The men then escaped from the area.

    Three people - including the baby - were subsequently found suffering from gunshot wounds. They were rushed to hospital where they have been admitted.

    There is now a high police presence in the area.

    According to law enforcement officials, there is an ongoing feud between rival gangs on Ramsay Road and surrounding areas.

     

    Read more »
RSS